Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Stick To The Script, Please

I hate conference calls.  I am on a conference call right now, and only ten minutes into it the agenda was blown away because everyone wants to talk about everything else other than the issue at hand.  What's so hard about sticking to the agenda?  As it looks now, nothing that is on the agenda will get covered, and then everyone will want to shoot emails and instant messages trying to get answers to the questions that they should have asked on the call in the first place.  This is the kind of stuff that drives me to eat bread.

I'm not in a very good mood right now, and I need some bread to lighten my mood.  Hey!  Maybe I'm in a bad mood because I haven't had any bread today!  One of my co-workers gave me some grapes this morning, so now that I think about it, I'm missing my bread.  These people need to hurry up so I can get off this call and head out for lunch.  This is ridiculous.  Now they want to recap all of the stuff that they discussed that was NOT on the agenda.  I guess that gives them a sense of accomplishment.  Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactley how you feel about bread... I have the same saying "HELL NO, There is now way Im getting rid of bread".  There is other way's to loose weight.. I exercise, and I'm loosing weight.

I did have to give up pizza though.. since that is what my husband and I were eating 3-4x a week, and when he ordered pizza, he ordered two larges for 3 adults and one child.

our house rule is if you don't eat it when it's there, you'll never get to eat it at all.