Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Sold Out

As I'm typing this entry, I'm feasting on a chicken filet sandwich from Wendy's.  Yes, I know, I should be ashamed...so ashamed.  Only a few hours ago I told everyone that I was going to "low-carb" it today.  But see, something really strange happened today.  I had every intention of going to Wendy's to get a salad for lunch.  (The last time I had a salad for lunch, "American Idol" was just a twinkle in Simon Cowell's eye.)  But when I got to the restaurant, the line was ridiculously long, and by the time I got to the front to place my order, they SOLD OUT OF SALADS.  I repeat, WENDY'S SOLD OUT OF SALADS.  I had been in line for almost 30 minutes and when I finally get the chance to do something right, I can't.  What was I to do?  You know Wendy's serves nothing but carbs outside of their salads.  So I ordered a chicken sandwich and some fries.  I learned a trick a while ago that has helped me in my battle against bread; I learned that if you eat a sandwich with a knife and fork, you are less prone to eat all of the bread.  When you cut the sandwich up, you tend to eat the meat of the sandwich and toss the bread to the side.  I was doing well until I saw all of that bread looking all sad and lonely on the plate.  The next thing I knew, I was dipping pieces of bread in honey mustard sauce (which is just excellent with fries, by the way), and then it was all gone.

I blame this all on Wendy's.  It wasn't my fault that they ran out of salads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am very new at this...I am not even sure what this is..but I do know that there are people reading this that have the same daily struggles..carbs..to add insult to injury...include the sugar.  I have been on low carb/no sugar since Feb. 23rd of this year.  Everyday is a new day, yet I struggle.  I can admit I do feel better and function better as a whole.  I went about four months being very strict, jumped off the band wagon for a couple weeks, now I am back.  I exercised for the most part during this time.  I can also admit that after my two weeks of "leave" I am glad to be back.  But it's only been four days since my return so what do I know.  Anyway, I am glad I stumbled across this site and I look forward to future readings and the sharing in "our pain".

Anonymous said...

Im new to this so I really would like to know more about the Atkins diet. I was always really skinny even after I had 3 children I was about 120 lbs. After I had my 4th child and she passed away I gained about 20 lbs./ I know alot of people will think weighing 140 isnt that much but Im only 5'2. If someone can explain exactly what it is to me I would greatly appreciate it. Im trying to lose 15-20 lbs before my hubby returns in November from overseas serving with the US Air Force. Although he likes my new curves I would really like to be a little smaller. Feel free to email me at SexyMomee24@aol.com if anyone has any comments or suggestions for me to lose this weight by November. Thanks and keep up the good work everyone.
God Bless Our Troops,
MsP