Sunday, July 25, 2004

Carb Your Enthusiasm

Over the weekend, I attended my church's annual conference.  I volunteered to serve with one of the church ministries, so I was quite busy for most of the conference.  My family and I stayed at a nearby hotel, and if you saw all of the bags they had with them, you would have thought that we were going on a two-week trek across Europe.  My sister had to have had five duffel bags of clothes, games for my nephew, shoes, more clothes, coloring books, and all kinds of crazy stuff.  And then we had probably four or five cooler bags and lunch bags full of food & beverages -- juices, sodas, bottled water, sandwiches, fruit, applesauce, crackers, cookies (Pepperidge Farm made a boatload of money off of us this weekend).

Even though I had plenty of carbs to indulge in, I was so busy running around the Convention Center or running between the Convention Center and the hotel that I actually dropped a few pounds over the weekend (well, at least that's what my scale said this morning.)

No comments: