Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Kicked To The Carb

Darn it!  I just tried posting a very clever and funny entry just now, but when I hit the 'save' button, I got an error message.  Now I have to start over.

Yesterday I read a report on WBAL TV 11's website that stated that low-carb diets may not be all that they're made out to be.  According to some recent study, many consumers would not consider purchasing low-carb foods because of potential health risks.  So despite all of the ruckus you're hearing about the low-carb craze, most people actually do enjoy carbs!   Your co-worker who is such an Atkins enthusiast is probably sneaking chocolate chip cookies when no one is looking.  If you don't believe me, if you think I'm making it up, then check out the article for yourself!  I bet if you take a peak in your co-worker's cube, they probably have a stash of potato chips under their desk.  Ha ha, made you look.

If the low-carb craze was all that (and a bag of chips), then McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King would be serving up burgers without the buns.  And speaking of buns, why don't the Big 3 offer wheat buns?  If you go to Subway or Quizno's or even Panera, you can choose wheat bread for your sandwich.  Wheat bread is a healthy carb.  I'd take a Filet-O-Fish on wheat over one of those corny Go Active! Happy Meals for Adults any day.  What's the big deal about those wack Go Active! Happy Meals for Adults anyway?  The name alone is corny, wack, and a mouthful.  I don't have the time to ask for a corny Go Active! Happy Meals for Adults when I go through McDonald's drive-thru.  Plus, what are you paying for?  A salad, a bottled water and what?  A stepometer?  If anyone is interested, I have the insider scoop to the secret ingredients that go into the Go Active! Happy Meals for Adults (thank God for cut-and-pasting).  Gather round, and listen closely.  The secret is:  a salad, some salad dressing and a bottled water.  That's it!  You can go to your local grocery store, buy a six-pack of bottled water, grab a bag of salad, and a bottle of dressing and viola!  You have your very own, homemade Go Active! Happy Meal for Adults.

Later this week, I will be attending my church's annual conference.  My family and I will be staying at a nearby hotel, and my poor sister (whose hotel experience is rather limited) is packing like we're going on a two-week safari in Africa.  Earth to Sister, we will be staying downtown for 2 whole nights.  You don't need to pack your entire summer wardrobe.  Now if you want to pack extra anything, pack us some extra sandwiches 'cause I'm not trying to pay $12 for a slice of pizza at the hotel.  And when you make the sandwiches, would you be so kind and use wheat bread?

No comments: