Thursday, July 29, 2004

The Clock's Ticking...

Well, my fifteen minutes of fame have run out.  I didn't know that AOL was only going to feature my journal on its People Connections page for a day, but oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.  Like an actor whose sitcom has just been cancelled, I have to move on.

I've been trying not to get too entrenched in this year's election rhetoric, but I just had to take a peek at Kerry's speech at the Democratic National Convention tonight.  I have to give the man credit.  For a moment there, he actually had me believing that he could solve the world's problems in four years!  I almost felt like I could conquer the world, eat all the carbs I wanted and not suffer.  If Kerry can come up with a low-carb version of my favorite food -- French Toast -- that doesn't taste like crap, then he's got my vote!  Oh yeah, and while he's at it, I sure would like to see my student loan balances disappear.  If he could do those two things for me, then I'd vote for him.

But even in the midst of the limelight of the Democratic convention and all of the impassioned speeches given this week, one must remember:  a thief that is not punished for stealing will keep stealing until he's caught.  Marinate on that, and I'll be back in the AM.

No comments: