Saturday, July 31, 2004

Cardboard Carbs

Hey, I'm actually listening to some music while I'm writing my entry!  Who knew I could do two things at once?  For the record, I'm not a big Brandy fan (I thought Monica sang circles around Brandy on their "The Boy Is Mine" duet) but this Kanye West-blessed single is pretty smooth.  Oh well, on to more important things...

Before you read any further, you will need to gather the following items: a piece of cardboard, a small cup of water, butter or margarine, a fork, a knife and a hacksaw (or some other heavy duty cutting tool).  I’ll explain it all later, but just go get those things, please.

Okay, now that you’re back, take the cardboard, place it on a flat surface, and flip it once every 2 minutes or so.  Don’t ask questions.  Just do it!

After about 4 or 5 flips, using the knife spread a small amount of butter or margarine on the cardboard.  Next, take the hacksaw (or whatever heavy duty cutting tool you have) and cut the butter-topped cardboard into small squares.  Then slowly pour a little bit (no more than two tablespoons) of water on the cardboard.  Pierce a cardboard square with a fork, place it in your mouth and chew as best as you can.

You have just reenacted my experience with the nastier-than-nasty Atkins pancake and waffle mix.  Apparently Atkins, which until recently was a card-carrying member of the anti-carb society), now realizes the importance of incorporating some form of carbohydrates into our daily diet, and thus have created a low-carb version of two breakfast favorites.

Being the breakfast food junkie that I am, I thought I would give Atkins mixes and syrup a try.  The Atkins people should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such a horrible tasting product.  There is nothing worse than bad tasting carbs. 

Shame on you, Atkins people, shame on you!

No comments: