Thursday, June 24, 2004

Ewwww

I just had the nastiest, most disgusting, horrible tasting breakfast ever...

I know, I know it's been a while since I've last posted to The Notebook, but I have been trying to catch up on all of the errands that I had put off during Cicada Season.  Plus, I've been trying to adjust to a new eating habit, and I'm going through carb withdrawal.

Just a little while ago, I fixed some scrambled eggs using Egg Beaters, and toasted two slices of wheat bread, slathered them in butter and then topped them with sugar-free jelly.  Before I go any further, I must admit, I am a breakfast food junkie.  Anyone who knows me well can tell you that I love breakfast, and can eat breakfast food all day, every day.  My absolute favorite restaurant is IHOP -- no kidding.  When I turn 40 (which is a little ways down the road for me), I'm going to have a huge bash and have a catered breakfast food menu.  If you don't like it, then I won't be offended.  That's just more breakfast food for me.

Anyway, I've been doing pretty okay adjusting to an "alternate carb lifestyle".  (I refuse to call it "low carb" because that sounds so depressing to me.)  I've dropped a few pounds in the past week, but that's only because it's been very strenuous for me to drive past McDonald's, Wendy's and Popeye's and pass up my beloved Filet-O-Fish, french fries, chicken nuggets, chocolate chip cookies and buttermilk biscuits.  Resisting temptation has been a real workout.

I've switched to whole wheat bread and kaiser rolls, and for the most part, I only indulge in whole grain foods when I want something carby.

Tonight, I had decided to scramble some eggs and fix a couple of pieces of whole wheat toast.  Nothing extravagant or complicated.  However, the food was nasty.  Just nasty.  The eggs were fake -- rubbery with an after-taste, and the sugar-free jelly was horrendous.  Smuckers should be ashamed of themselves.  Their jelly was tasteless except for a slight grape after taste.

Breakfast is much better in its high fat, high carb glory -- the way breakfast is supposed to be.  Amen.

TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR ANOTHER ENTRY:  Atkins Pancake & Waffle Mix

No comments: