Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Carbed Crusader

Hi, I'm Mattsaunti, and I am a carb addict.  For the past week and a half, I've been on a self-imposed carb embargo.  Instead of enjoying delicious chicken cheesesteaks, scrumptuous cakes and other yummy carb delights, I've tried to eat healthier shoveling endless quantities of fruits, vegetables, healthy meats and whole grains down my throat.  It has been a trying time.  In my past health quests, I've done everything from the South Beach Diet to the Grapefruit Diet to Weight Watchers.    I didn't last 4 hours on the South Beach Diet; by lunchtime on Day 1 I was looking for a piece of bread.  Right now, I'm more or less following an eating plan called the American Fare 1400.  Actually, I've remixed it a little bit, occasionally adding some of my favorite foods to my daily meals.

As I am writing this entry, I am munching on three delectable chocolate chip cookies and some fries from McD's  (a remix on American Fare's Thursday snack).  One of my kind co-workers saw me struggling with some nasty, low-carb yogurt this morning and knew just the thing that could cheer me up.  He should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.  Every writer needs some inspiration, and in this case, three hot-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies and a half-order of fries are mine.

This journal will be about my love of carbs, and my quest to strike a balance between healthy eating and eating what I want when I want (which isn't all that healthy.)  Don't worry, I won't bore you with lists of my daily meals.  The last time I tried that was when I had to keep a food journal for Weight Watchers, and I didn't have enough room to write down all of the yummy, gooey, delectable foods I was eating.  So I didn't bother.

If you're looking for diet or healthy eating tips, then this isn't the journal for you.  If you're looking for healthy, low-calorie, low-carb recipes, then you need to look elsewhere.  This ain't that kind of party.

No comments: